chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A better way to add/remove hold in CMIS 1.1?
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 08:56:39 GMT
Hi Mike,

I hope I've some answers for you.

Re a) Holds are stored as a multi-value property. CMIS only allows
retrieving and updating multi-value properties as a whole. There is no
support for partial retrieval or partial update.
But if a client doesn't modify the list of holds, it shouldn't send it
to the server. Hence, there is no need for the server to retrieve the
list of holds all the time.
Do you except a frequent change of holds on an object? In the use cases
I know, holds are not updated very often.

Re b) That shouldn't happen if your server implements change tokens
correctly. Change tokens are supposed to prevent lost updates.

- Florian