chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Strange ACL Test (TCK) failures, Issue to disable Copy Object in CMIS Workbench
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 14:23:26 GMT
Hi Marcel,

Here are a few answers.

Re 1)
The TCK calls getAcl() with the parameter onlyBasicPermissions = true.
That is, the repository must translate the native permissions into CMIS
basic permissions.
The spec says in 2.2.10.2.1: "The repository SHOULD make a best effort
to fully express the native security applied to the object."

Re 2)
There is no Allowable Action that can express whether a document can be
used as the source in a createDocumentFromSource() call or not.
Therefore, the Workbench provides this button for all documents. In the
worst case, the repository throws an exception, which should be ok for a
developer tool like the Workbench.

Re 3)
The Workbench calls getObject() with the parameter includeAcls = true,
if the repository supports ACLs in general.
If the repository returns an ACL with the object, then it is used. If
the repository really doesn't want that the user gets the ACL, it
shouldn't return it.
Allowable Actions are only hints for the clients. They don't enforce
anything.

- Florian