chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Santa Maria" <paul.santama...@rgbprojects.com>
Subject Unable to access "Choices" in DotCMIS 0.7
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2015 00:55:05 GMT
I'm using DotCMIS version0.7 + AtomPub binding.  My server is
IBM/FileNet P8 5.2.  My client is VB.Net.

I'm trying to access a ChoiceList I configured in my FileNet/P8
repository.

If I use Java/Chemistry, I can:

   1. Query the FileNet Document class definition:
session.getTypeDefinition(docClassName)

   2. Get the properties, and look for the property with the choice list:
docClassTypeDef.getPropertyDefinitions()/ropertyDefinition propDef =
propDefs.get(key);

   3. Get the choice list from the property: List<?> ch =
propDef.getChoices();

PROBLEM:
There doesn't seem to be any equivalent to Java/Chemistry "List<?> ch =
propDef.getChoices();" in my v0.7 DotCMIS library.

Specifically, I believe there should be a "Choices" property on
IPropertyDefinition.  I can't find one.

ADDITiONAL NOTES:
1.  As I said above, the Java/Chemistry API seems to work fine.
      I can log on to my FileNet/P8 repository, query my DocClass, find
the DocProperty, call .getChoices(), and see the expected values in the
choice list.

2. My DotCMIS/VB.Net client is successfully querying the FileNet/P8
repository for the DocClass and associated DocProperties: I can see the
choice list in the AtomPub XML:

   ATOMPUB XML RETURNED FROM DOTCMIS QUERY:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<atom:entry xmlns:app="http://www.w3.org/2007/app"
xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
xmlns:cmisra="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/restatom/200908/"
xmlns:cmis="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/"
xmlns:p8ext="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/ecm/cmis/p8extensions"
xmlns:cmism="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/messaging/200908/">
     <cmisra:type xsi:type="cmis:cmisTypeDocumentDefinitionType"
         <cmis:id>RGBClass2</cmis:id>
         <cmis:localName>RGBClass2</cmis:localName>
         <cmis:localNamespace xsi:nil="true"/>
         <cmis:propertyStringDefinition>
             <cmis:id>RGBChoiceList</cmis:id>
             <cmis:localName>RGBChoiceList</cmis:localName>
             <cmis:displayName>RGBChoiceList</cmis:displayName>
             <cmis:queryName>RGBChoiceList</cmis:queryName>
             <cmis:description>RGBChoiceList</cmis:description>
             <cmis:propertyType>string</cmis:propertyType>
             <cmis:cardinality>single</cmis:cardinality>
             <cmis:updatability>readwrite</cmis:updatability>
             <cmis:inherited>false</cmis:inherited>
             <cmis:required>false</cmis:required>
             <cmis:queryable>true</cmis:queryable>
             <cmis:orderable>true</cmis:orderable>
             <cmis:openChoice>false</cmis:openChoice>
             <p8ext:isHidden>false</p8ext:isHidden>

<p8ext:ChoiceListSymbolicName>RGBChoice</p8ext:ChoiceListSymbolicName>

<p8ext:ChoiceListDisplayName>RGBChoice</p8ext:ChoiceListDisplayName>
             <cmis:choice displayName="Joe">
                 <cmis:value>Joe</cmis:value>
             </cmis:choice>
             <cmis:choice displayName="Dan">
                 <cmis:value>Dan</cmis:value>
             </cmis:choice>
             <cmis:choice displayName="Paul">
                 <cmis:value>Paul</cmis:value>
             </cmis:choice>
         </cmis:propertyStringDefinition>
3. The problem is that the VB.Net IPropertyDefinition" object doesn't
have a "Choices" property:

   IPROPERTYDEFINITION OBJECT IN MSVS DEBUGGER:

?p
{DotCMIS.Data.Impl.PropertyStringDefinition}
     DotCMIS.Data.Impl.PropertyStringDefinition:
{DotCMIS.Data.Impl.PropertyStringDefinition}
     Cardinality: Single {0}
     DisplayName: "RGBChoiceList"
     Id: "RGBChoiceList"
     IsInherited: False
     IsOpenChoice: False
     IsOrderable: True
     IsQueryable: True
     IsRequired: False
     LocalName: "RGBChoiceList"
     LocalNamespace: Nothing
     PropertyType: String {6}
     QueryName: "RGBChoiceList"
     Updatability: ReadWrite {1}
     <= No "Choices" VB object property available...
4. The last Jira bug relating to DotCMIS "Choices" was Jira
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-380.
     This was fixed in 17/Oct/11, DotCMIS 0.3.
     The problem in CMIS-380 was  "IPropertyDefinition.Choices == null".
     My current problem is that I don't even *see* any
""IPropertyDefinition.Choices".

5. I have not stepped through the DotCMIS library code yet.

6. I have not tested to see if it works in C# yet (my client is VB.Net)

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for what I can try, or
what I can do next.

I'm new to the chemistry.apache.org community