chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SSL support in AtomPub
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 22:44:13 GMT
Hi Darren,

That is probably a problem on the server side. The collection URLs are
taken from the AtomPub service document. If the server provides a HTTP
URL, for example for the query collection, even if everything else is
HTTPS then the OpenCMIS client library will use this HTTP URL. The
client does not derive URLs from the entry URL. It will only follow the
URLs provided by the server.

Open your HTTPS AtomPub URL in a web browser. It should return a XML
document, which contains several URLs. If at least one of the URLs is
not a HTTPS URL, contact your server vendor. It's very likely that this
is not intended.

- Florian

> Hi all,I'm doing some digging on a project that is using openCMIS 0.12, and having a
lot of issues when trying to get HTTPS (SSL) support to work correctly when using the library.
 I'm using a custom AuthenticationProvider with the getSSLSocketFactory() method to allow
self-signed certs.
> From what I can tell, all the AtomPub GET methods work correctly, but the POST's are
switching from HTTPS to just http://<server>:80/ POST responses seemingly out of nowhere
(even though all the CMIS Session's are using https).
> I've traced to the following location where a seemingly *new* URL value is pulled out
of the loadCollection method and then creates a url that is *not* the HTTPS version, but I'm
hoping someone with more experience can make sense of things:
> org/apache/chemistry/opencmis/client/bindings/spi/atompub/DiscoveryServiceImpl.java
>
> ==============public ObjectList query(String repositoryId, String statement, Boolean
searchAllVersions,
>             Boolean includeAllowableActions, IncludeRelationships includeRelationships,
String renditionFilter,
>             BigInteger maxItems, BigInteger skipCount, ExtensionsData extension) {...
// find the link...DRH NOTE that this is not an HTTPS result like originally configured for
the CMIS Session...