chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Web Services and Java 8/9
Date Sat, 11 Jul 2015 20:42:05 GMT
Hi,

The Web Service binding server implementation of OpenCMIS was based on
the Sun JAX-WS RI. This JAX-WS implementation seems to have serious
issues with Java 8 and 9 (see [1] and [2]).
The Web Service binding client implementation used the JAX-WS provided
by the JRE. Because of some shortcomings of the JAX-WS specification we
had to call a few internal APIs. That's not working anymore with
upcoming Java 8 and 9 releases.

So, I have changed the Web Service binding implementation (client and
server) to use Apache CXF 3.0 instead.
This is a major change! It should not affect code that uses OpenCMIS,
but it affects the deployment. OpenCMIS has now different dependencies.
Updating to the next OpenCMIS release will need some more work and
attention than before.

The new implementation (in trunk) is complete but not well tested. The
TCK passes and my smoke tests were all successful so far. It would be
great if someone else could test it as well.

- Florian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-917
[2|
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/chemistry-dev/201506.mbox/%3C2FBF817A4032C64CA8DE5F4F73ED93A4438F3EEE%40otmucxg20.opentext.net%3E