chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Matheus de Oliveira Barreto <Math...@foxfly.com.br>
Subject A little help - Transforming a CMIS object (Document) into a java io File object
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 18:34:10 GMT
Hey guys, how are you doing?

I have some doubts developing with Apache Chemistry CMIS and I think that this is the right
place to ask. If not, please excuse me in advance and if possible, just tell me where to go.

So, I've been working on a class to do some basic actions on a CMIS repository. My main goals
is to connect to and download files from a CMIS repository (already done with FileUtils method
Download) and get this file as a Java IO File (so my code can work with it or anything like
that). There is exactly where my problem is. How do I get this CMIS Document (that I know
is a file, already checked for the type) to be a Java IO File? A direct cast doesn't work,
of course, I believe because of the structure of the objects... So, is there a class or a
method that can help me with this?

I've tried to find it on old emails and also on the documentation, but I'm not a very experienced
programmer, and if there is something already said or written about it in a place where I
should have found it on my own, I apologize.

Thanks to all you guys in advance and I hope I can help people in the future too on Apache
Chemistry doubts or problems too.

Regards,

Atenciosamente,
Matheus Barreto
eMail          matheus@foxfly.com.br<mailto:jean@foxfly.com.br>?
Comercial  +55 11 5503-6710
WebSite     http://www.foxfly.com.br<http://www.foxfly.com.br/>

foxfly IT & Marketing
Av. Das Nações Unidas, 12995 - 10º andar
CEP 04578-000, Brooklin Novo
São Paulo, SP