chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Kai-Uwe Schmidt <...@bel-it.de>
Subject AW: A new CMIS .Net library - PortCMIS
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2015 20:43:16 GMT
Hi Florian,

we would also be very interested.

With best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Kai-Uwe Schmidt
Geschäftsführer

BEL-IT GmbH

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Florian Müller [mailto:fmui@apache.org]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 31. März 2015 12:32
An: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Betreff: A new CMIS .Net library - PortCMIS

Hi everyone,

We needed a CMIS 1.1 library for .Net that works on Windows Phones. So, we built one and called
it PortCMIS.

PortCMIS is a portable class library [1]. It should run on desktops and servers with .Net
4.5 and Windows Phone 8.1. It can also be used in Windows Store applications. It doesn't require
any additional dependencies.

PortCMIS is supposed to cover all features of the CMIS 1.0 and the CMIS
1.1 specifications. The API is very, very similar to DotCMIS, but the low level implementation
is different.

At the moment, the Browser binding implementation is complete and working.
Some essential parts of the AtomPub binding are also implemented but it's not functional,
yet. The AtomPub implementation differs from DotCMIS and is closer to OpenCMIS, which should
result in a better performance.
I've no intention to implement the Web Services binding. But it is possible to plug in Web
Services code if somebody writes it.

If there is enough interest we would contribute PortCMIS to Apache Chemistry.
Please let us know.

Thanks,

Florian

[1]