chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject A new CMIS .Net library - PortCMIS
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 10:31:51 GMT
Hi everyone,

We needed a CMIS 1.1 library for .Net that works on Windows Phones. So,
we built one and called it PortCMIS.

PortCMIS is a portable class library [1]. It should run on desktops and
servers with .Net 4.5 and Windows Phone 8.1. It can also be used in
Windows Store applications. It doesn't require any additional
dependencies.

PortCMIS is supposed to cover all features of the CMIS 1.0 and the CMIS
1.1 specifications. The API is very, very similar to DotCMIS, but the
low level implementation is different.

At the moment, the Browser binding implementation is complete and
working.
Some essential parts of the AtomPub binding are also implemented but
it's not functional, yet. The AtomPub implementation differs from
DotCMIS and is closer to OpenCMIS, which should result in a better
performance.
I've no intention to implement the Web Services binding. But it is
possible to plug in Web Services code if somebody writes it.

If there is enough interest we would contribute PortCMIS to Apache
Chemistry.
Please let us know.

Thanks,

Florian