chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Homeier <shome...@apollon.de>
Subject [OpenCmis] About behaviour of getContentChanges with null token parameter
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 11:23:17 GMT
Hello together,

I am currently implementing the ChangeLog functionality on server side and have a question
concerning the spec conformant behavior of Discovery Service „getContentChanges“:

Due to get the very first change event the CMIS spec 1.1 says I need to pass a null changeLogToken
parameter:

  *   String changeLogToken: If specified, then the repository MUST return the change event
corresponding to the value of the specified change log token as the first result in the
output.

If not specified, then the repository MUST return the first change event recorded in the
change log.

So did I understand it correctly that at server side I should only pass ONE change event which
must be the very first event (either from beginning if ChangeLog capability provides complete
log or otherwise from the point in time when changes were recorded)?

So if I am on the right track I think to get ALL change events from beginning of the ChangeLog
on client-side I should first ask for the first change event with token parameter null and
then ask for the events since that token.
So client-code should look like that imho:

// get very first change event
ItemIterable<ChangeEvent> contentChanges = cmisSession.getContentChanges(null, includeProperties);
ChangeEvent veryFirstChangeEvent = contentChanges.iterator().next();

// get change log token of very first event and ask for the first page of change events on
going-forward basis
CmisObject veryFirstCmisObject = cmisSession.getObject(veryFirstChangeEvent.getObjectId());
ChangeEvents allContentChangesFirstPage = cmisSession.getContentChanges(veryFirstCmisObject.getChangeToken(),
includeProperties, maxItems);

It would be nice if someone could just confirm if this is the intended and spec compliant
repository behaviour.
I am not fully sure if the server reply for a null token parameter should really only be ONE
change event (the very first) or ALL change events beginning with the very first.

thx in advance.

Cheers
Sascha