chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CmisStorageException with OpenCMIS 0.10.0 - Alfresco Enterprise 4.2.3
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:51:33 GMT
Hi Igor,

The Alfresco code is here (search for "Expected"):
https://svn.alfresco.com/repos/alfresco-open-mirror/alfresco/COMMUNITYTAGS/V4.2f/root/projects/repository/source/java/org/alfresco/opencmis/AlfrescoCmisServiceImpl.java

It's handing the OpenCMIS stream to the Alfresco TempFileProvider. At
this point OpenCMIS has read the stream already and knows the stream
length. The content length set on the client side doesn't matter because
it is not transported by the Browser binding. On the server,
contentStream.getLength() returns the real stream length. That is, the
stream has reached the server.

TempFileProvider somehow (I don't know the details) stores that stream
on disk, but afterwards the temp file length is zero. That raises the
CmisStorageException.

The querstion is how the TempFileProvider works and why it doesn't store
the documents on disk under load. But that's a question for Alfresco.

- Florian

> Florian I'm not 100% sure if it does really use a temp file unless the
> file
> is bigger than a size. Anyway checking that Alfresco's temporary file
> partition is not full is a good starting point.
>
> Many times is worth checking how you create the content stream.
> Are you passing the file size when creating the content stream ?
>
> I had a customer that had some trouble due to the fact that they were
> using
> "-1" and letting the API guess the size. It did work under normal
> circunstances but it failed in high concurrency scenarios.
>
> Bye

>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> I vaguely remember that this was a problem on the Alfresco side. There
>> is
>> nothing you can do on the client side.
>> Alfresco 4 stores document content in a temp file (->
>> TempFileProvider).
>> If that fails, you get such an error message.
>> But you have to talk to Alfresco. It's not OpenCMIS client or server
>> code.
>>

>> - Florian
>>

>>  *Chemistry experts *
>>>

>>> *We have a large CMIS implementation using Alfresco Enterprise 4.2.3
>>> and
>>> Chemistry v0.10.0-RELEASE *
>>>

>>> *Everything has worked extremely well to date but we have now
>>> modified our
>>> UI page logic such that it is able to start uploading multiple
>>> documents
>>> in
>>> parallel - we now have custom built REST services layer that receives
>>> the
>>> requests from the UI and then using the Chemistry client API makes
>>> the
>>> calls.*
>>>

>>> *We are running into the following issue... (occurs with both browser
>>> and
>>> atom binding and we are using CMIS 1.1 URLs) *
>>>

>>> 2015-03-24 16:50:52,987 ERROR - [ID: ] -
>>> com.acmecompany.cmis.services.CmisServices.addDocument(): Expected
>>> 65201
>>> bytes but retrieved 0 bytes!
>>>

>>> *org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisStorageException:
>>> Expected 65201 bytes but retrieved 0 bytes!*
>>>

>>> at
>>> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.browser.
>>> AbstractBrowserBindingService.convertStatusCode(
>>> AbstractBrowserBindingService.java:240)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.browser.
>>> AbstractBrowserBindingService.post(AbstractBrowserBindingService.
>>> java:352)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.browser.
>>> ObjectServiceImpl.createDocument(ObjectServiceImpl.java:83)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.SessionImpl.
>>> createDocument(SessionImpl.java:751)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.FolderImpl.