chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Brown <jay.br...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding Chemistry Parts
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 18:33:49 GMT

1. Chemistry parts will only work with the Browser Binding.  (by design)
2.  FileNet CMIS (part of IBM Content Navigator (ICN) product) currently
ships a tech preview version that supports CMIS 1.1 (including the browser
binding). This is included with all ICN 2.0.3 and later releases.   The
unofficial plan is for this to be GA later this year and we update this
with every fixpack.

3.  The authors can respond to this one.

Jay

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |"Lu, Wentao" <Wentao.Lu@bchydro.com>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |"dev@chemistry.apache.org" <dev@chemistry.apache.org>

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |02/20/2015 10:22 AM

|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Question regarding Chemistry Parts

Hi,

We are currently using Chemistry java and .Net API here, but we have more
and more requests looking for CMIS javascript library and find "Apache
Chemistry Parts", I have a few questions regarding this library:

1.        Looks like it only support "browser" binding in CMIS 1.1, not web
service and atompub, is the correct? Is there a plan to support 1.0 binding
in the near future?

2.       Our current CMIS server (FileNet CMIS) only support CMIS 1.0, but
looks like if we put Chemistry bridge in front  of it and do the
conversion, this Chemistry Part code will work, do you see any potential
issues here for this approach (assume we only use 1.0 functions)?

3.       Chemistry Parts has not been released yet, is there an ETA for the
release?  In another words, how mature of this library so far?

Thanks
Wentao

This email and its attachments are intended solely for the personal use of
the individual or entity named above. Any use of this communication by an
unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
email in error, any publication, use, reproduction, disclosure or
dissemination of its contents is strictly prohibited. Please immediately
would also appreciate if you would contact us by a collect call or return
email to notify us of this error. Thank you for your cooperation.
-BCHydroDisclaimerID5.2.8.1541