chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Egerer <sascha.ege...@dkd.de>
Subject Fwd: The sense of ObjectFactory::convertAces
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:00:25 GMT
Just noticed that the last 2 mails have not been sent to the list. So i just forward this to
complete the thread.
Thank You Florian again

Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

> Von: Florian Müller <fmui@apache.org>
> Betreff: Aw: The sense of ObjectFactory::convertAces
> Datum: 23. Januar 2015 10:51:49 MEZ
> An: Sascha Egerer <sascha.egerer@dkd.de>
>
> From a logical perspective, yes.
> But it depends on the underlying implementation, your intention, and how references are
treated in whatever programming language you use. The code in OpenCMIS disconnects the high-level
from the low-level API by creating new objects. Whenever we change something in the low-level
API that doesn't affect the high-level API and vica versa. Not sure if that is also important
for you - probably not.

> - Florian
>

>> Hi Florian,
>> thank you for your fast answer. So that means that this code is…
>> superfluous and could be replaced by simply returning the ACL, right?
>> I’m currently working on a PHP implementation and try to use OpenCMIS
>> as a reference. https://github.com/dkd/php-cmis-client
>> Regards
>> Sascha
>> Am 23.01.2015 um 10:06 schrieb Florian Müller <fmui@apache.org>:
>>> Hi Sascha,
>>> The OpenCMIS client consists of two layers, a high-level API and a low-level
API. The low-level API gives you full access to all CMIS features but is less convenient to
use than the high-level API.
>>> The task of the ObjectFactory is to convert low-level objects into high-level
objects. In some cases, like convertAces, this is trivial. But an application can also provide
a custom ObjectFactory implementation, which enhances or replaces OpenCMIS objects during
the conversion. For example, a custom ObjectFactory implementation could override convertAces
and add the first and last names of the users that are referenced in the ACEs to the returned
high-level ACE objects.