chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Kraushaar <jochen.kraush...@doubleSlash.de>
Subject CMIS Server: Pooling CmisService instances
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2015 12:06:12 GMT
Hi,

in the CMIS JCR bridge each call to
JcrServiceFactory.getService(CallContext) creates a new CmisService
instance. As a side effect each request ends up in logging in the user
given by the CallContext. When the repository is called rapidly, this
leads to performance and load issues.

As I found out on the Chemistry homepage, it is ok to manage the
CmisService instances in a pool, see:
http://chemistry.apache.org/java/developing/dev-server.html
But when I debug the CMIS JCR bridge, it seems that after each request
was processed, the close() method of CmisService is called. For the
close() method the JavaDoc says:

"Signals that this object will not be used anymore and resources can
released."

Which - in case my CmisService instance is managed in a pool - is wrong.

Is it possible to switch calling the close() method off or should I
ignore the close() method JavaDoc and rather implement my own clean up
mechanism for pooled CmisService instances?

Regards
Jochen