chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From <Robert.Willia...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject ClassCastException: com.ibm.xml.xlxp2.jaxb.JAXBContextImpl incompatible with com.sun.xml.bind.api.JAXBRIContext
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 13:34:13 GMT
Hello,

I am new to CMIS and I am currently developing a CMIS Server using the OpenCMIS 0.9.0.

At this point, I have operational "Happy Path" Proof-of-Concept code and I am now introducing
exception handling by throwing exceptions such as the CmisNotSupportedException and CmisRuntimeException
in appropriate conditions.  This new code works fine in my local Websphere environment.  However,
when I deploy to Websphere on my Linux server, I get the following message:

ClassCastException: com.ibm.xml.xlxp2.jaxb.JAXBContextImpl incompatible with com.sun.xml.bind.api.JAXBRIContext

In researching this problem, I have found two possible solutions:

*       First, I found documentation that Websphere specific files (i.e.  web.xml and webservices.xml)
exist.  According to a how-to-setup.txt file, I have copied them into the WEB-INF directory.
 Unfortunately, this modification results in the following new error:

[10/9/14 16:43:18:786 EDT] 00000037 webapp        E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp
commonInitializationFinally SRVE0266E: Error occured while initializing servlets: {0}
                                 javax.servlet.UnavailableException: SRVE0201E: Servlet [org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.server.impl.webservices.NavigationService]:
not a servlet class

I can see that the new web.xml file has the NavigationService configured as a servlet.  However,
if I look at the actual class and its parent class, they are not servlets:

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>NavigationService</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.server.impl.webservices.NavigationService</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

public class NavigationService extends AbstractService implements NavigationServicePort {

*       Second, I found a post that creating a jaxb.properties file in the src/main/resources
directory with the following contents would correct the using the original web.xml and sun-jaxws.xml
files.  Unfortunately, this modification did not correct the problem.

javax.xml.bind.context.factory=com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory

Please advise as to the most simple, straightforward solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance for your help!