chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OpenCMIS] Possibility to disable chunked transfer encoding
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 12:41:36 GMT
Hi Sascha,

To turn off chunking OpenCMIS would have to know how big the request
body is before it sends it. The Content-Length header must be set before
the request body is sent.
To determine the length, the body would have to be generated and stored
somewhere. And here is the issue. The body can be fairly large,
especially if it contains a document. Keeping it in main memory could
become a problem if you want to upload a 5GB video file. So, OpenCMIS
would have to put it into a temporary file and read it again afterwards.
The performance impact would be immense.
To cut a long story short, there is no switch in OpenCMIS to disable
chunking.

You can, however, implement your own HttpInvoker class. This class is
responsible for the HTTP connection. You can implement all these things
that I described above there and make sure that chunking is turned off.
Not sure if that solves your issue, though. You might have the same
problem with other CMIS clients.

- Florian