chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Sethi, Rajendra" <Rajendra.Se...@bchydro.com>
Subject DotCMIS query
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2014 01:22:34 GMT
Hi there,

I am working on SharePoint 2010 (CMIS client) to FileNet P8 5.1 (CMIS Server 1.0) content
transfer using CMIS and here we are implementing DotCMIS library in SharePoint to initiate
file transfer requests targeted for FileNet. We have large files transfer scenarios and while
doing some performance tests, memory consumption on SharePoint (the client) is too high. I
would like your help to suggest how could I improve these transfers.

The implementation is using AtomPub binding and streaming the file content from a document
available in SharePoint library. During the SetContentStream operation, Modified Physical
Memory equivalent to the size of the file being transferred becomes Not Available (for example,
for 2 gb file, about 2 gb memory becomes Not Available) and hence the Free Memory on the server
is reduced by that file size. Once the transfer operation is completed, this physical memory
becomes available once again.

We are trying to achieve a high performance solution and may consider multiple threads to
transfer a few files simultaneously. If each process is blocking a large chunk of memory,
we will be limited to 1 or max 2 threads at a time. Is there any code tuning or correction
required in the connection/session object to achieve better results? Please consider the code
provided below.

This is the code from CMIS client (SharePoint ) ---

Dictionary<string, string> parameters = new Dictionary<string, string>();

// RESTful
parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.BindingType] = BindingType.AtomPub;
parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.AtomPubUrl] = "<AtomPubUrl>";

parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.RepositoryId] = "<RepositoryID>";
parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.User] = "<username>";
parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.Password] = "<password>";

parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.Compression] = "true"; // turn on HTTP response compression
parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.ConnectTimeout] = "600000"; // 10 minutes // HTTP connect
timeout in milliseconds; -1 for infinite
parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.ReadTimeout] = "600000"; // 10 minutes // -1 for infinite

SessionFactory factory = SessionFactory.NewInstance();
session = factory.CreateSession(parameters);

IFolder cmisFolder = (IFolder)session.GetObjectByPath("/cmis test");

SPFile file = SPContext.Current.Web.GetFile("http://<server>/sites/TS/Shared%20Documents/bigfile.txt");
Dictionary<string, object> properties = new Dictionary<string, object>()
  {
    {"cmis:name", file.Title },
    {"cmis:objectTypeId", "cmis:document"},
  };

Stream stream = file.OpenBinaryStream(SPOpenBinaryOptions.SkipVirusScan);

IDocument doc = cmisFolder.CreateDocument(properties, null, VersioningState.CheckedOut);

IObjectFactory objectFactory = session.ObjectFactory;
ContentStream contentStream = (ContentStream)objectFactory.CreateContentStream(file.Title,
file.Length, "text/plain", stream);

doc.SetContentStream(contentStream, true, false);
doc.CheckIn(true, null, null, "optional check in comment");

Thanks
Rajendra Sethi
This email and its attachments are intended solely for the personal use of the individual
or entity named above. Any use of this communication by an unintended recipient is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, any publication, use, reproduction,
disclosure or dissemination of its contents is strictly prohibited. Please immediately delete
this message and its attachments from your computer and servers. We would also appreciate
if you would contact us by a collect call or return email to notify us of this error. Thank
you for your cooperation.
-BCHydroDisclaimerID5.2.8.1541