chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From <Jorge.MARTIN-CUE...@ext.ec.europa.eu>
Subject CMIS 1.1 getObjectParents()
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 12:32:04 GMT
Hello everybody,

we are working on the migration of our systems to CMIS 1.1.
One of the changes applied is in the security part of the navigation services, the CMIS 1.1
specification says that the method getObjectParents() should only accept cmis:document, cmis:policy
or cmis:item objects [1] (in CMIS 1.0 was accepting cmis:folder as well)
To get the parent folder we should call getFolderParent(), I assume the motivation of this
change is because the Folder must be filed always and could not be multi-filed.

For what concerns the client library, Document and Folder implements the interface FileableCmisObject
with the method getParents(), and in the implementation in AbstractFilableCmisObject is always
calling getObjectParents(), hence not working in our server with CMIS 1.1 changes.

Could you please adapt the code to call getFolderParent() or getObjectParents depending of
the object type?

Kind regards and thanks.

[1] CMIS 1.1 specs, section 2.1.12.3.2.1 Navigation Services
Jorge MARTIN CUERVO
[cid:image001.gif@01CCF6D0.4613B970]
European Commission
DG TRADE