chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Webster <tim.webs...@gmail.com>
Subject document 'uniqueness'
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2014 13:14:48 GMT
Hi,

I am developing a migration process (using Spring Batch) to migrate
documents from a legacy CMS into a CMIS-compliant system, and I need to
ensure that duplicate documents are not created accidentally.

However, our CMIS system (IBM FileNet) allows the addition of documents
with the same name.  Documents with identical values for cmis:name or
cmis:contentStreamFilename are allowed.  Even if this could be disabled (I
don't know if it can or cannot), it is a business requirement and I
wouldn't be able to.

The only thing I can think of to prevent this is to save the 'legacy' ID of
the document in a new CMIS property and somehow check that it doesn't
already exist when adding a new document. However this will be very
inefficient and slow down the migration (we're talking about up to 2
million documents).

Ideally the 'uniqueness constraint' would be checked on the server and
would throw an exception, which I could then deal with.

Does anyone know of an easier way to do this, or is there anything I can
make use of in the CMIS spec to help?

Thanks,