chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Monks <peter.mo...@alfresco.com>
Subject AtomPub / setContentStream: How to efficiently determine new cmis:objectId after update on versioned cmis:document?
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 20:03:59 GMT
G’day,

I realise this is a general CMIS question, but the TC doesn’t provide a general purpose
Q&A / discussion mailing list, and this seems to be the nearest thing.

Section 3.1.9 of the CMIS 1.1 specification states that the AtomPub version of the setContentStream
service doesn't return the cmis:objectId of the new version of the document (note: this is
an exception to the domain model, section 2.2.4.18.2).  The Apache Chemistry library that
I’m using (Java / OpenCMIS) faithfully implements this behaviour.

My question is - how can a CMIS client application efficiently* obtain the new cmis:objectId
value, after setting a new content stream on a versioned cmis:document via AtomPub?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

* where "efficiently" means "without further round trips to the CMIS server"