chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AtomPub / setContentStream: How to efficiently determine new cmis:objectId after update on versioned cmis:document?
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 09:48:42 GMT
Hi Peter,

This has been discussed a long, long time ago, before CMIS 1.0 has been
released and the result is documented in section 3.1.9.

The problem is that the AtomPub spec does not define a response payload
to media edit PUT requests. That is, we cannot return the object ID in
the payload AND being AtomPub compliant.
Early CMIS drafts transported the object ID in a non-standard HTTP
header. This has been heavily criticized by HTTP experts and the CMIS TC
decided not go that route.

As long as nobody has a great idea how to return the object ID without
violating the AtomPub or the HTTP spec this is not going to change.

- Florian