chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Inouye, Brian" <Brian.Ino...@xerox.com>
Subject RE: Odd behavior when Android OpenCMIS Client reuses a connection that server tried to close
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 16:53:57 GMT
Hi Florian,

Thank you very much for the advice!  We will consult with Android developer support on how
we can resolve this issue.

I know in one case we are definitely using a proxy server.  I'll see if we can try without
a proxy server.

... Brian ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller [mailto:fmui@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:35 AM
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Cc: Inouye, Brian; Vitaliy Khudenko
Subject: Re: Odd behavior when Android OpenCMIS Client reuses a connection that server tried
to close

 Hi Brian,

 OpenCMIS uses the Android HTTP client library and doesn't control the  TCP connections directly.
What you described happens a level below  OpenCMIS.
 The Android HTTP client has known issues and those issues vary with the  Android version.
To find a solution to this specific problem, please  refer to the Android documentation.
 There seems to be an issue with HTTP POST (-> createDocument)  somewhere. Are you using
a proxy server? If so, can you retry without  it?

 There are actually two HTTP client libraries in Android. OpenCMIS uses  by default the library
recommended for Gingerbread and better.
 You can switch to the older library by setting the session parameter  HTTP_INVOKER_CLASS
to  "org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.http.ApacheClientHttpInvoker".
 That may solve this issue ... and create others.

 - Florian