chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MTOM not supported for SOAP 1.1
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 07:34:39 GMT
 Hi Wentao,

 There is a specification [1] that defines how MTOM works with SOAP 1.1.
 This specification is widely supported by Web Services frameworks and
 tools. I have never heard of any problems with MTOM over SOAP 1.1.

 The CMIS specification demands MTOM. Your server wouldn't be CMIS
 compliant if you would inline a document - although most CMIS clients
 would be able to handle that.
 The main problem with inlining is, that most Web Services frameworks
 (on the client and on the server side) have to handle the content in
 main memory. That might work fine for office documents, but could be
 problem if you have a big file like a video or a CAD file.

 Disabling MTOM in OpenCMIS is possible with just a few code changes,
 but I wouldn't recommend it.

 - Florian

 [1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/soap11mtom10/