chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Huebel, Jens" <j.hue...@sap.com>
Subject Re: compatibility when 2 diff versions of OpenCMIS jars are used between client and server
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 05:54:34 GMT
HI Mark,

I guess this is not a question of client and server jar versions but
caused by a mixture of CMIS 1.0 and 1.1. Please ensure that the client
talks the same CMIS version as the server speaks.

If the server is an opencmis server by default both versions are available
(but of course the server has to implement this correctly in the
background):

web.xml:

<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>cmisws10</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/services/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>cmisws11</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/services11/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>cmisatom10</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/atom/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>cmisatom11</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/atom11/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>cmisbrowser</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/browser/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <session-config>

Are you sure that you use the correct URL?
If you have a client that uses CMIS 1.0 and connects to a 1.1 server it
will receive the cmis:description property. This property was introduced
with CMIS 1.1 but is unknown to a 1.0 client.

You can verify it against the InMemory server which understands both
versions and uses the URLs from above.

Could this be your issue?

Jens