chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Petar Tahchiev <paranoia...@gmail.com>
Subject Which type of repository.
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 12:56:30 GMT
Hi guys,

I read almost all the documentation about OpenCMIS and I also played with
the fileshare repository. However, I'm stuck on a very fundamental
question. I would like to build a repository that contains my data (cms
pages, cms articles, cms links, etc) as well as my binary data (images,
flash movies, powerpoint presentations, etc). Now, if I choose to implement
a FileShare type repository, I don't think it will fit nicely for my data,
as I will have to store the content of the article as a file and I will
lose on stuff like ACLs, relationships, indexing, etc. If I choose to use a
database repository I don't think the binary data will play well (I may end
up having thousands and thousands of pictures which will drag down the
perfomance and clutter the database).

What is the suggested solution to this problem? Do you setup 2
repositories? I read Alfresco only supports one..

Thank you for your time.
--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.