chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Streit <mcs...@gmail.com>
Subject compatibility when 2 diff versions of OpenCMIS jars are used between client and server
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 21:53:32 GMT
Apologies if this question has been asked already or if I missed something:

We have a situation where a client application is deployed with the
Chemistry 0.8.0 release of the JARs ... it is calling an Alfresco server
instance that is using Chemistry 0.10.0 in its implementation.  We have
seen some errors on the client application logs such as:

Caused by:
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisRuntimeException:
Property 'cmis:description' doesn't exist!

       at
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.repository.ObjectFactoryImpl.convertProperty(
ObjectFactoryImpl.java:286)

       at
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.repository.ObjectFactoryImpl.convertProperties(
ObjectFactoryImpl.java:311)

       at
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.AbstractCmisObject.initialize(
AbstractCmisObject.java:132)
However, upgrading the client application to use Chemistry 0.10.0, so they
match,  "seems" to *resolve* the problem.

Is anyone aware of a situation where such a combination where the CLIENT
side version of the libraries is lower than that used on the SERVER side
causing this type of problem?

If the reverse situation existed, CLIENT side version of the libraries
HIGHER than that used on the SERVER side, is it expected that similar
errors could occur?

Thanks

Mark