chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MTOM not supported for SOAP 1.1
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 17:31:54 GMT
You can try running OpenCMIS with SOAP 1.2. I've never done it and don't
if it is actually working.

To do so, you have to adapt the /WEB-INF/sun-jaxws.xml file [1] and
change the WSDL templates in /WEB-INF/cmis10 and /WEB-INF/cmis11.
Clients should then recognize that they should send SOAP 1.2 requests
and expect SOAP 1.2 responses.

- Florian

[1] https://jax-ws.java.net/nonav/2.1.7/docs/soap12.html

> Appreciate your help Florian, I saw that soap11mtom10 protocol too.
>
> Unfortunately TIBCO BusinessWork does not support SOAP 1.1 with MTOM, only SOAP 1.2 with
MTOM. That's why I am looking for help :-(.

> The only workaround I can think of is to develop a servlet filter which convert incoming
TIBCO SOAP 1.2/MTOM to SOAP 1.1/MTOM, and  from SOAP 1.1/MTOM to SOAP 1.2/MTOM for outcome.
Any suggestion?

> Thanks
> Wentao

never heard of any problems with MTOM over SOAP 1.1.

>  The CMIS specification demands MTOM. Your server wouldn't be CMIS  compliant if you
would inline a document - although most CMIS clients  would be able to handle that.
>  The main problem with inlining is, that most Web Services frameworks  (on the client
and on the server side) have to handle the content in  main memory. That might work fine for
office documents, but could be  problem if you have a big file like a video or a CAD file.