chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Gavin Cornwell <gavin.cornw...@alfresco.com>
Subject Detecting missing network connectivity in ObjectiveCMIS
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 08:28:39 GMT
Hi,

We’ve recently implemented a feature in our mobile SDK (built upon ObjectiveCMIS) where
an error will be returned immediately if there is no network available. Without this feature
any requests issued have to wait until the network request times out, thus the completion
block with the error is not called until sometime later (1 minute in ObjectiveCMIS).

It would be really useful to add this functionality to ObjectiveCMIS too as currently we’re
having to swizzle the CMISHttpRequest (to avoid providing a custom CMISNetworkProvider) and
I think this is a useful feature.

Does anyone have any objections to the addition of this feature (once I’ve merged the browser
binding branch back to trunk)?

Regards,

Gavin