chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Lu, Wentao" <Wentao...@bchydro.com>
Subject RE: MTOM not supported for SOAP 1.1
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 16:38:09 GMT
Appreciate your help Florian, I saw that soap11mtom10 protocol too.

Unfortunately TIBCO BusinessWork does not support SOAP 1.1 with MTOM, only SOAP 1.2 with MTOM.
That's why I am looking for help :-(.

The only workaround I can think of is to develop a servlet filter which convert incoming TIBCO
SOAP 1.2/MTOM to SOAP 1.1/MTOM, and  from SOAP 1.1/MTOM to SOAP 1.2/MTOM for outcome. Any
suggestion?

Thanks
Wentao

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller [mailto:fmui@apache.org]
Sent: 2014, May 21 12:35 AM
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Cc: Lu, Wentao
Subject: Re: MTOM not supported for SOAP 1.1

 Hi Wentao,

 There is a specification [1] that defines how MTOM works with SOAP 1.1.
 This specification is widely supported by Web Services frameworks and  tools. I have never
heard of any problems with MTOM over SOAP 1.1.

 The CMIS specification demands MTOM. Your server wouldn't be CMIS  compliant if you would
inline a document - although most CMIS clients  would be able to handle that.
 The main problem with inlining is, that most Web Services frameworks  (on the client and
on the server side) have to handle the content in  main memory. That might work fine for office
documents, but could be  problem if you have a big file like a video or a CAD file.

 Disabling MTOM in OpenCMIS is possible with just a few code changes,  but I wouldn't recommend
it.

 - Florian

 [1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/soap11mtom10/