chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Streit <mcs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception while obtaining the root folder of a Sharepoint 2010 Calendar list
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 12:54:23 GMT
I'm only offering an opinion here so please keep that in mind. We worked
for a number of months trying to make Sharepoint 2010 work with a CMIS
client application that we were building.

We were using AtomPub and OpenCMIS 0.8.0.  It was an uphill battle on
numerous fronts as far as SP 2010 went in terms of CMIS spec compliance.
 We were able to get only a handful of basic operations to work. When we
began to try certain CMIS-SQL cases, it was worse.  Admittedly,
and supposedly, SP 2013 was to address some of the CMIS issues. However, We
could not wait and switched to Alfresco 4.x

Every use case we had worked OOTB once we got our custom content model in
place with XML files deployed on the server side with Alfresco. Granted,
this entire project we built was on Java (both client and server sides).

You may also wish to check out this book which is great.

http://www.manning.com/mueller/

For the record, I don't work for Alfresco or Manning publishing.  What I
can say is Alfresco is clearly ahead in CMIS compliance and was the
solution after we could not make SP 2010 work and could not wait on SP 2013
due to time constraints.  Your constraints and requirements will obviously
be different.

Mark

--
Regards,