chemistry-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Gross, Lukas" <lukas.gr...@sap.com>
Subject Re: Commits to ObjectiveCMIS
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 07:50:12 GMT
Hi,

We have some minor fixes on our side that I'm going to commit today.
I will take care of the 0.3 release next week.

Regards,
Lukas

On 3/27/14 12:29 PM, "Gavin Cornwell" <gavin.cornwell@alfresco.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have run through all the tests on our side and found a couple of minor
>issues that I addressed yesterday (project settings and a progress issue).
>
>There is still an Xcode warning/suggestion on the project settings (when
>using Xcode 5.1) which caused a problem building with Xcode 5.0 so I’ve
>left them as they were for now. The 64 bit slice is being included in the
>binary so I think this will be fine for this release.
>
>Unless you have a different opinion on the project settings I think we’re
>ready for the 0.3 release.
>
>Regards,
>
>Gavin
>
>
>
>On 25 Mar 2014, at 15:24, Gavin Cornwell <gavin.cornwell@alfresco.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> 
>> There’s one more thing to check on our side before giving the green
>>light for 0.3, I will work on that tomorrow and let you know as soon as
>>I can.
>> 
>> Regards,
>> 
>> Gavin
>> 
>> 
>> On 25 Mar 2014, at 06:38, Gross, Lukas <lukas.gross@sap.com> wrote:
>> 
>>> Hi,
>>> 
>>> Alright then. Just give me you OK when everything is ready for 0.3 from
>>> your side. I will then do the release.
>>> 
>>> Whenever you are ready for the initial browser binding checkin please
>>>let
>>> me know so that we can have a look and discuss the further approach :)
>>> 
>>> Regards,
>>> Lukas
>>> 
>>> On 3/24/14 11:14 AM, "Gavin Cornwell" <gavin.cornwell@alfresco.com>
>>>wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Hi,
>>>> 
>>>> Sounds good to me, I just need to check here that there isn¹t anything
>>>> else required for 0.3, the guy I need to ask is beck from holiday
>>>> tomorrow so I¹ll send a response tomorrow if that¹s OK?
>>>> 
>>>> If you don¹t mind doing the release that is absolutely fine with me
>>>>;-)
>>>> 
>>>> Regarding the browser binding, I created the branch over the weekend
>>>>and
>>>> have merged the work I did previously into that locally. There is
>>>>still
>>>> some work to do before I¹m happy doing an initial commit, but I plan
>>>>on
>>>> doing that in the evenings this week so I should have something to
>>>> contribute soon.
>>>> 
>>>> Regards,
>>>> 
>>>> Gavin
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> On 21 Mar 2014, at 16:46, Gross, Lukas <lukas.gross@sap.com> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>> 
>>>>> Excellent thats also our opinion. However ACL write support is not on
>>>>> our
>>>>> list for the next weeks, so I would rather do a release now and then
>>>>> concentrate on Browser Binding.
>>>>> Do you want me to do the release? Please let me know how you want to
>>>>> proceed.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>> Lukas
>>>>> 
>>>>> On 3/21/14 12:29 PM, "Gavin Cornwell" <gavin.cornwell@alfresco.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> I think yes, we should target the 0.3 release without the browser
>>>>>> binding.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> We will probably need a 0.3 release sooner than 3-4 months (most
>>>>>>likely
>>>>>> in the next month) and I will only be able to work on the browser
>>>>>> binding
>>>>>> as a background task in my spare time.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> My preference therefore would be to finish your ACL write features
>>>>>>and
>>>>>> release that as 0.3 and then have a 0.4 release for the browser
>>>>>>binding
>>>>>> support.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> What do you think?
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Gavin
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> On 20 Mar 2014, at 13:01, Gross, Lukas <lukas.gross@sap.com>
wrote:
>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> The main question is: Do we target a 0.3 release without browser
>>>>>>> binding
>>>>>>> or do we plan to get browser binding done first. From our side
this
>>>>>>> depends on the timeframe in which we can get this done. If we
could
>>>>>>> get
>>>>>>> this done within lets say the next 2 to 3 months I would prefer
to
>>>>>>> bundle
>>>>>>> everything together and release 0.3. If you think we need longer
>>>>>>>than
>>>>>>> we
>>>>>>> should consider moving browser binding to 0.4. However we have
a
>>>>>>> strong
>>>>>>> demand for browser binding and therefore plan to have at least
one
>>>>>>> person
>>>>>>> working full-time on this topic.
>>>>>>> The only other thing currently in our pipeline is write support
for
>>>>>>> ACLs.
>>>>>>> We recently committed the parser for read support however write
is
>>>>>>> still
>>>>>>> missing. We plan to do this also during the next weeks.
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>> Lukas
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> On 3/20/14 10:27 AM, "Gavin Cornwell" <gavin.cornwell@alfresco.com>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> Excellent, a 0.3 release would also be really useful for
us too.
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> I would suggest doing a release sooner rather than later,
what
>>>>>>>>other
>>>>>>>> implementation tasks are there from your side that would
need to
>>>>>>>>be
>>>>>>>> done
>>>>>>>> before 0.3?
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> Gav
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> On 20 Mar 2014, at 07:58, Gross, Lukas <lukas.gross@sap.com>
>>>>>>>>wrote:
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> I agree that it would be more consistent to have only
the request
>>>>>>>>> object
>>>>>>>>> to cancel a request. I will change our code to use the
request
>>>>>>>>> objects
>>>>>>>>> cancel method and then remove the stop parameter from
the
>>>>>>>>>library.
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> We had problems using Google hangout in the past, however
we
>>>>>>>>>could
>>>>>>>>> give
>>>>>>>>> it
>>>>>>>>> another try. Just let me know when you have setup the
branch and
>>>>>>>>>we
>>>>>>>>> can
>>>>>>>>> schedule a session.
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> We should also discuss the timeframe for the upcoming
>>>>>>>>>implementation
>>>>>>>>> tasks
>>>>>>>>> so that we can plan the Objective CMIS 0.3 release. We
need this
>>>>>>>>>new
>>>>>>>>> release as early as possible so that we can get an approval
for
>>>>>>>>>it
>>>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>>>> Lukas
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> On 3/19/14 10:21 PM, "Gavin Cornwell"
>>>>>>>>><gavin.cornwell@alfresco.com>
>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> I do see your point about the stop parameter being
a common
>>>>>>>>>> paradigm
>>>>>>>>>> in
>>>>>>>>>> iOS, however, personally I would prefer that we remove
it,
>>>>>>>>>> especially
>>>>>>>>>> if
>>>>>>>>>> the request approach works. We then have one consistent
way to
>>>>>>>>>> cancel
>>>>>>>>>> operations across the whole library (the parameter
approach is
>>>>>>>>>>only
>>>>>>>>>> applicable to methods with progress).
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> Great to hear you're also interested in the browser
binding. I
>>>>>>>>>>did
>>>>>>>>>> my
>>>>>>>>>> initial work a while ago so I need to sync it with
the recent
>>>>>>>>>> changes
>>>>>>>>>> but
>>>>>>>>>> I'll commit it in a branch as soon as I can.
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> I too think it would be a great idea to resurrect
the status
>>>>>>>>>> meeting,
>>>>>>>>>> even if it's just once a month. I will schedule something
once
>>>>>>>>>>I've
>>>>>>>>>> committed something. Can you remind me, are you guys
able to use
>>>>>>>>>> Google
>>>>>>>>>> Hangouts or would webex be a better choice?
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> Gavin
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>> 
>>> 
>> 
>

Mime
View raw message