chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Huebel, Jens" <j.hue...@sap.com>
Subject Re: folder with non-accessible parent (AtomPub)
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:43:17 GMT
IMHO The spec is pretty clear on this (section 2.1.5.2):

"Every folder object, except for one which is called the root folder, MUST
have one and only one parent
folder. The root folder does not have a parent.²

The question for me is also what you gain by hiding the id of the parent
folder. The client knows that there must be a parent folder. You expose
the path anyway and provide the client in this way a mechanism to retrieve
the object using getObjectByPath(). I assume this results in a permission
denied exception. What additional information is in the id that is worth
to be hidden? And doesn¹t a file system behave also in a way that you see
the parent but don¹t have access?

Jens