chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject folder with non-accessible parent (AtomPub)
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 18:53:27 GMT
Hi,

In some of our applications a given folder (a user's workspace) has
internally a parent that exists but is not accessible to the
particular user. Therefore we return no parent for it.

However Chemistry assumes that only the root can have no parent:
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.FolderImpl.getParents
checks if it's not the root, and if not calls
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.NavigationServiceImpl.getFolderParent
which fails as there's not rel="up" link.

What do you think? Is what we do illegal according to the spec, or is
it just Chemistry that has to be patched?

Florent

Open Source Content Management Platform for Business Apps
http://www.nuxeo.com   http://community.nuxeo.com