chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Gavin Cornwell <gavin.cornw...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Commits to ObjectiveCMIS
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 20:57:57 GMT
Hi,

I did have one question regarding the new *stop parameter, I’m just curious why the stop
parameter was required when we already have a mechanism (via the CMISRequest object) to cancel
running operations?

Thanks very much for adding secondary type support too, we were planning on doing that as
well some point soon. I presume this was to support the 1.1 binding? Do you know what else
we need to do in order to support a 1.1 atom binding?

Finally, as I background project I have started looking at the browser binding, I have some
*very* early support for the browser binding on my machine. I was thinking of creating a branch
for this once the initial commit is ready as it is going to require some minor moving and
renaming of files. Does any have any objection to the creation of a branch?

Regards,

Gavin

On 17 Mar 2014, at 15:36, Gross, Lukas <lukas.gross@sap.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I fixed the project file (missing files) and added some fixes so that all tests are green
again.
> BTW: Please ignore my comment (below) about the incompatible changes (I've made them
some time ago) we currently still support the old interfaces, however we can discuss if we
want to get rid of them for 0.3 or if we want to keep them for simple use cases.

> Best Regards,
> Lukas
>

> From: <Gross>, Lukas Gross <lukas.gross@sap.com<mailto:lukas.gross@sap.com>>
> Date: Monday, March 17, 2014 3:02 PM
> To: "dev@chemistry.apache.org<mailto:dev@chemistry.apache.org>" <dev@chemistry.apache.org<mailto:dev@chemistry.apache.org>>
> Subject: Commits to ObjectiveCMIS
>
> Hi,
>
> As announced earlier today we merged our changes (faster than I thought) and committed
them.
> Please have a close look to the changes as they also include an incompatible API change:
We added a *stop parameter to the progress block of all transmission methods, so that it is
possible to abort the transmission. We decided against creating new interfaces with the *stop
flag and just modified the exiting ones as creating additional interfaces would basically
double all transmission interfaces.