chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From <Jorge.MARTIN-CUE...@ext.ec.europa.eu>
Subject ACL question: isDirect attribute ignored
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 16:24:42 GMT
Hello all,

we have implementations of server and client CMIS applications.
We consider the possibility to modify the inherited ACEs of the object, so the client applications
are executing the applyACL to remove an ACE inherited (isDirect = false).

The server side is reacting well but with the following code in the client side the flag isDirect
is ignored:

session.applyAcl(...);

because in the class org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.repository.ObjectFactoryImpl
[...]
    public Acl convertAces(List<Ace> aces) {
        if (aces == null) {
            return null;
        }

        BindingsObjectFactory bof = getBindingsObjectFactory();

        List<Ace> bindingAces = new ArrayList<Ace>();
        for (Ace ace : aces) {
            bindingAces.add(bof.createAccessControlEntry(ace.getPrincipalId(), ace.getPermissions()));
        }

        return bof.createAccessControlList(bindingAces);
    }
[...]

On the contrary If we use this other code it's working well.
session.getBinding().getAclService().applyAcl(...)

My question is if this is a mistake or was made on purpose?
I was trying to find a some references in the CMIS specs 1.0 and 1.1 about that subject but
I couldn't.

Many thanks.

Jorge MARTIN CUERVO
[cid:image001.gif@01CCF6D0.4613B970]