chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Agili <a...@drwolf.it>
Subject Re: CMIS-739: Javascript client contribution
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 08:06:27 GMT
Hi,

apart the AtomPub support, the rest of your points can be easily addressed, or are almost
already covered

below I responded in detail

Best regards

Andrea

Il giorno 30/dic/2013, alle ore 13:32, Huebel, Jens <j.huebel@sap.com> ha scritto:

> Here a couple of thoughts, what a good library would be:
> - should be independent of binding, separate a logical from a binding
> specific layer
> - support the AtomPub and Browser Binding

I’m open to contributions, but at the moment the AtomPub support is out of scope for me

> - run in multiple environments, different browsers, and server side
> frameworks

At the moment the library should work in:
- node.js (tested in version 0.10 and 0.8)
- all recent versions of all major browsers (some work is required to make the library work
in Explorer 9 and older)

I did not test it in Mozilla Rhino, but it’s something worth trying (and it may work with
minimal effort)

I’m not aware of other js runtimes

> - support client side caching (e.g. type system)

This is an improvement we could add in future releases

> - have a minimal set of dependencies

The only dependency at the moment is on a library (superagent) which handles HTTP requests.

--
Ing. Andrea Agili - agea@drwolf.it
Dr Wolf srl - http://drwolf.it

T: +39 055 333193 - M: +39 333 1520916
Via Reginaldo Giuliani 88 - 50141 Firenze