chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Alfresco - DotCmis - GetAcl issue
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2013 15:29:30 GMT
Hi Denis,

there is no "normal logic" here. The CMIS specification defines that
object IDs are opaque strings. Clients cannot and should not try to
interpret these strings because they are repository specific. Other
repositories use totally different formats.
Therefore, DotCMIS treats object IDs just as strings. When you provide
an invalid ID, its passes it to the repository and the repository
returns an error message.

When you need the latest version, you have to call
GetObjectOfLatestVersion or GetAllVerions. You don't have to call
GetAcl, though. You can provide an operation context, that indicates
that you want the object ACL with the object metadata. The repository
then attaches the ACL to the IDocument object.

Regards,

Florian