chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From <Jorge.MARTIN-CUE...@ext.ec.europa.eu>
Subject RE: sending extension data in all service invocation
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 11:50:25 GMT
Hello Florian,

we have our own CMIS server implementations and we would like to send extra information in
every service method.

My initial idea was to send in the extension data this extra information, I can give you a
couple of examples:

- CAS authentication tokens. In our architecture we have front-end applications in which the
user authenticates and these applications are then connecting to CMIS servers. The front-end
applications don't know the password of the final user and we would like to send a CAS ticket
in every CMIS request. With chemistry we create a session passing the initial ticket, but
while the CMIS session is alive we want to send a new CAS ticket for each CMIS operation.

- Or on-behalf user IDs. We may work as a user directly or acting like another delegated account.
We could use the authentication provider and attach this info in the HTTP header, but in this
case we need to adapt not only the server, the client as well.

Regards.

Jorge MARTIN CUERVO

European Commission
DG TRADE