chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Uwe Geisert <ugeis...@opentext.com>
Subject Streaming capability with WS binding
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:20:59 GMT
Hi,

With Webservice-binding uploaded content gets loaded completely on the server (either in memory
or on disk, depending on the size, as specified in the StreamingAttachment's memoryThreshold).
This issue has been discussed before in regards to encryption and configurability of the threshold.
But I wonder why content must be buffered at all.

According to https://mimepull.java.net, streaming should be possible if
- "The parts are accessed in the same order as they appear in the stream"
- "The parts are accessed only once."
I believe the read-once condition is complied with by OpenCMIS (org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.impl.WSConverter).

So why is streaming not possible with OpenCMIS?

Thanks for a short explanation (or even a solution ;-)
Uwe