chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Webster <tim.webs...@gmail.com>
Subject using HTTP debug proxy with chemistry
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 15:55:42 GMT
Hi,

I would like to be able use something like Fiddler with my Apache Chemistry
client.

My chemistry client is embedded in a server application running in a Jetty
server.  I would like to see the request/response trace while using the Web
Services binding between the chemistry client and the CMIS repository
(which is on a different box).

My setup is a client/server spring application with both the client and
server running on my development box.  The server part of the app is what
contains the Chemistry client libraries, and is deployed on Jetty.

The CMIS repository is on a different machine, accessible over the network.
 Pretty standard stuff.

I tried adding this to the Jetty JVM startup:

-Dhttp.proxyHost=localhost -Dhttp.proxyPort=8888

and tried invoking the server with Fiddler running, but nothing gets
captured when calls are made to the CMIS repository.  I know Fiddler is
working because I can see it capturing my browser traffic.  I also tried
with IP address and 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost and nothing helped.

Am I going about this right way?  I have the CMIS and Apache Chemistry in
Action book, but it just mentions how to do this with the CMIS workbench
(which works).

Thanks,

Tim