chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Proposed change TypeManager
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:46:44 GMT
+1

Florent

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Huebel, Jens <j.huebel@sap.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in the server-support package we have an interface TypeManager that is used by the query
parser to get access to the CMIS type definitions. With CMIS 1.1 we have added type mutability.
The InMemory server therefore has added an interface extension like this:

> public interface TypeManagerCreatable extends TypeManager {
>
>     void addTypeDefinition(TypeDefinition typeDefinition, boolean addInheritedProperties);
>

>     void updateTypeDefinition(TypeDefinition typeDefinition);
>

>     void deleteTypeDefinition(String typeId);
>
> }
>
> I guess that many server implementations do something similar and wonder if we should
add these methods to the TypeManager interface. Serves not implementing type mutability simply
can throw an exception. Of course these methods are not needed by the query parser. But from
my perspective TypeManager is a more generic interface and it seems simpler and cleaner to
add type mutability there.