chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] OpenCMIS 0.10.0
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 18:23:04 GMT
We can actually do both in parallel. Our release manager can cut a
0.10.0 release. Once we have a release candidate we can work full steam
on 1.0. We don't have to wait for the release process to finish.

Btw. Any help with the JavaDoc is very welcome. It would be great if
some native speakers could support us here.

- Florian

> Thanks Florian.  If a v1.0 is that close, I'd vote for doing whatever's necessary to
get it to that point, even if it delays the bug fixes etc. a bit.  I've had a little pushback
(not much, but not zero either) from potential users of the library because of a perception
that it's "pre-release" (based solely on the version number, as best I can tell).

> Cheers,
> Peter
>

> On Aug 8, 2013, at 8:32 AM, Florian Müller <fmui@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> We have full CMIS 1.1 support now.
>> If the community feels comfortable calling it 1.0 we can do that. Any opinions?
>>
>> I think we should improve the JavaDoc to a point that it sufficiently covers all
public APIs and then call it 1.0. There are also some places that need cleaning. But I don't
expect that we add any major functionality in the near future.