chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] OpenCMIS 0.10.0
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 11:57:25 GMT
 Hi Peter,

 OpenCMIS consists of multiple more or less independent parts. The
 "serious flaw" was that the client library couldn't connect to a Web
 Service endpoint anymore. That doesn't touch the server framework or the
 InMemory repository or the common parser classes or anything else.
 Unfortunately, releasing OpenCMIS 0.9.1 as a bug fix release didn't
 work out. But that shouldn't stop us from improving other areas.

 OpenCMIS is used in many open source and commercial products and
 productive scenarios today. But the JavaDoc could be improved and some
 code areas could need some more comments and clean up to make it better
 maintainable. I think 'high quality' is also defined by these things.
 Till now we have focused on making it feature complete (-> CMIS 1.1) and
 correct.
 Personally, I would like to address the documentation and
 maintainability areas before we release v1.0, even if it doesn't change
 any APIs and we could theoretically do this after v1.0 is released. But
 that's only my opinion. It should be a community decision.

 Apart from that, I guess OpenCMIS development will not stop for a long
 time. At least the TCK will grow. But I can also envision support for
 more authentication methods (for example OAuth) and specific adaptations
 for certain environments (application servers, enterprise service buses,
 JAX-WS implementations, etc.).

 - Florian