chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From <Jorge.MARTIN-CUE...@ext.ec.europa.eu>
Subject CMIS 1.0 server is expecting CMIS 1.1 object type feature
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 15:07:31 GMT
Hello all,

We are working on a CMIS repository server and we have been using chemistry 0.8.0 for some
time.
Recently we have upgraded to the latest version 0.10.0 and we have found some unexpected behaviour.

Our goal is to comply with CMIS 1.0, so what I have made is to throw an exception in those
parts of the code related to CMIS 1.1, eg:

In our class that implements org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.definitions.TypeDefinition:
@Override
public TypeMutability getTypeMutability() {
       throw new UnsupportedOperationException("getTypeMutability(): Operation not available.
CMIS 1.1");
}

My surprise when I try to connect to the server and I get the previous exception.
In the class org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.impl.WSConverter about line 980, we could
see:

if (typeDefinition.getTypeMutability() != null) {
TypeMutability typeMutability = typeDefinition.getTypeMutability();

At this point, I suppose you know the version of CMIS implemented by the server,
Is there any way to check the CMIS version before using TypeMutability?

Regards.

Jorge MARTIN CUERVO
[cid:image001.gif@01CCF6D0.4613B970]
European Commission