chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CMIS 1.0 server is expecting CMIS 1.1 object type feature
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 15:45:23 GMT
 Hi Jorge,

 Some layers above the converter we know which CMIS version is used. For
 the AtomPub binding we actually hand down that information to the
 converter. The AtomPub converter skips CMIS 1.1 structures or warns the
 developer if CMIS 1.1 details are provided in a CMIS 1.0 context. But
 that is not meant to take away the responsibility from the developer to
 provide the correct data for the CMIS version of the current call.
 We could have reworked the Web Services converter to do something
 similar but that would have been a lot of work just for developer
 convenience. There are also some edge cases where the converter cannot
 make a clear decision.

 Because CMIS 1.0 is a subset of CMIS 1.1, OpenCMIS uses the same
 interfaces and classes for both versions. If they are used in a CMIS 1.0
 context, all CMIS 1.1 features should return null. The developer has to
 ensure that.

 Why do you want throw an exception if a CMIS 1.1 method is called? As
 long as you don't configure the CMIS 1.1 servlets, they don't do any
 harm.

 - Florian