chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Common VFS FileSystem using OpenCMIS
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 14:59:10 GMT
Hi guys,

I have been playing around with some code lately because I thought it might
be interesting to integrate Apache Common VFS and the OpenCMIS client API.

The main idea behind this project was to make it possible for any project
that already integrates Common VFS to simply become compatible with CMIS
simply by deploying a few JARS and using a new URL to connect to a CMIS
repository.

The current implementation is of course very young (only basic
browse/read/write support), but I was wondering if there was some wider
interest for such a thing.

You can find the current code in the following Github repository :

https://github.com/Jahia/commons-vfs-cmis

Before starting this I actually search if anybody had attempted to do this
before but I couldn't find anything. I also chose to implement against
Commons VFS 1.0, despite being quite old it is still used in a lot of
projects (including our own).

I try to keep the root README.md file up to date to reflect the current
status of the project as much as possible.

I have successfully tested this with the OpenCMIS InMemory public
repository as well as Alfresco's public CMIS repository and a local
installation of Alfresco. Only the AtomPub binding is currently implemented
but it should be reasonably easy to implement more. If anybody wants to
test this against more repositories you can simply do so by specifying a
command line parameter like in this example :

mvn clean install -Dtest.cmis.uri=cmis:atompub://
admin:admin@cmis.alfresco.com/cmisatom

Of course I welcome all feedback, I hope other here will find this
interesting.

Best regards,
  Serge Huber.