chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling document ID including the pipr (|) character
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 17:48:11 GMT
Hi Tetsu,

The pipe character shouldn't be a problem. You have already noticed that
it is encoded when it is used in an URL parameter.
The body of the check-in PUT request is essential. Can you check if the
id is correct there?
But it looks like a server issue. Even if the id is incorrect, the
repository shouldn't return an "Internal Server Error". Can you also
check the server logs if you find a hint?

- Florian

> Hi,
>
> I'm troubleshooting a problem with AtomPub binding to a repository on which the document
object contains the pipe (|) character, for instance the document ID format may be "objectid-1|versionid-2".
> When I check out the document, the corresponding PWC object ID seems to be correctly
obtained in my application but when I call checkIn() method, I get an HTTP error 500 with
"Internal Server Error" message from the repository server.
> By looking at TCP packet trace for "PUT" just before the error is returned, the parameter
for ID, "id=" does not have any ID specified. So I'm wondering if it is because the document
ID contains the pipe (|) character.
> Additionally, when the server returns the document object ID, it replaces the pipe character
with "%7C".
> Since I'm fairly new to CMIS related technology so there are many things to be learned.
> Can anyone help me to accelerate my process for this trouble shooting and to find out
where the issue may be located?