chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: Common VFS FileSystem using OpenCMIS
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2013 21:10:50 GMT
Hello Jens,

I actually chose Apache Common VFS because I needed it for some of my applications that already
integrate with this library :)

But Commons VFS is still quite a good choice since it implements a lot of useful filesystems,
such as :
- FTP
- WebDAV
- Zip, Jar, ...
- Tar, Gzip
- CIFS
- Mime
and a lot of others.

Also, it is available I think as far back as JDK 1.3 (for version 1.0) so that makes it usable
in a lot of older code.

Part of the idea was to bring new capabilities to old code, simply by deploying my commons-vfs-cmis.jar
and its dependencies, and giving it a proper URI to connect to a CMIS repository. I'm happy
to be able to say that my implementation definitely shows that this works at least as a proof
of concept, possibly even more.

Now I'm not very familiar with the new JDK 7 FileSystem provider interface, but this is on
the opposite side of the spectrum in terms of support :) So it would be great to also have
such an implementation, but I won't be able to use it out of the box for my projects right
now at least since it would require using the new JDK 7 API.

Best regards,
  Serge Huber.

Envoyé de mon iPad