chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Tetsunori Inada <ina...@ca.objectiflune.com>
Subject Handling document ID including the pipr (|) character
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 16:29:56 GMT
Hi,

I'm troubleshooting a problem with AtomPub binding to a repository on which the document object
contains the pipe (|) character, for instance the document ID format may be "objectid-1|versionid-2".
When I check out the document, the corresponding PWC object ID seems to be correctly obtained
in my application but when I call checkIn() method, I get an HTTP error 500 with "Internal
Server Error" message from the repository server.
By looking at TCP packet trace for "PUT" just before the error is returned, the parameter
for ID, "id=" does not have any ID specified. So I'm wondering if it is because the document
ID contains the pipe (|) character.
Additionally, when the server returns the document object ID, it replaces the pipe character
with "%7C".
Since I'm fairly new to CMIS related technology so there are many things to be learned.
Can anyone help me to accelerate my process for this trouble shooting and to find out where
the issue may be located?
I appreciate any help on this.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,