chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Webster <tim.webs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CMIS SQL abstraction
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 08:38:15 GMT
Hi,

I was thinking of just a small API/implementation that would generate
CMIS-compliant SQL for querying the repository (not persistence).

I thought I might be able to reuse existing ORM tools like Spring Data,
Query DSL, JPA, etc and just 'lift' the generated SQL to use against the
CMIS repository, but these are all statically typed and basically need to
execute against a 'real' database.  They need type code generated by a
database scheme and are abstractions over JDBC.  This won't work.  We just
need the SQL.

One option is to implement something like QueryDSL for CMIS and maybe
generate types against CMIS property definitions (instead of scheme
definition)?

Or if we don't care about type safety just something to generate SQL?  I
ended up using this option and wrote my own library - it's simple and just
supports the main SQL clauses and operators and will work for my project
(happy to share it).  It would be good to have our own option for the CMIS
community or else everyone might have to do this....

Tim

--
Check out my wine blog: http://timswineblog.blogspot.com/