chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CMIS SQL query String limits: question
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 09:03:50 GMT
 Hi Mark,

 The specification does not explicitly say that the entire query string
 must be in the header.
 The specification says for the AtomPub binding:
 "Upon submission (creation) of a query document, a response must be
 returned with a Location header representing the feed for that query."

 That is, a client should be able to repeat the query by just calling
 the URL in Location header (via HTTP GET). That means the URL must
 contain all necessary information about this query.
 There are two approaches to implement that. OpenCMIS uses a stateless
 approach and puts everything into the URL, which could be become very
 long. An alternative approach would be to store the query on the server,
 assign the query statement an id, and return an URL with that id. But
 that would require some sort of storage on the server side and opens up
 the question how long do you want to maintain these ids.

 - Florian